cr lover

Aug 6, 2001
i have a 96 cr 250.i have just bought a pro circuit pipe from motosport outlet because i wasnt happy with my fmf gnarly pipe.i saw a shootout article in a 96 motocross action mag,and it bragged about the great mid and top end power on my bike.but with the gnarly all i had was mid and nothing at all on top.it just seemed to take away power in the area that the motor was bilt for. ( i do realize that the fmf is for low and mid). but without wasting any more of your time,what would be some baseline jetting for my bike.or does pc have a website with some jetting specs.
i have a boyesen rad valve , i live at sea level, jetting for a 75 degree day.
now i am running a 175 main,52pilot stock needle.
i was thinking of running a 172 main. i am running amsoil 100 to 1 at 50 to 1 with 92 octain gas.
any help would be great.

Last edited:

ProCircuit

Jan 16, 2003
Pro Circuit recommends the following for your 96 CR250:

172 Main
52 Pilot (Stock)
1369 Needle (Stock)
2nd Position
1 1/2 out on the air screw

Also, all of our specs are with VP C12 race gas at 32:1 with Maxima 927 pre-mix. If you have any further questions please let me know. Good luck.

cr lover

Aug 6, 2001
the problem i am having is that i have three kids,and c 12 if i am not mistaken is $6.oo a gallon.i can handle running maxima 927 at 32:1. but what would happen if i ran the maxima with 92 octain and put in a 172.
other than run at a warmer temp.
i am sorry to bother you,but im am looking for a way to save a little money. but if their is no other options i will do what you say.
thanx again. dave

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
wow I was leaner than that for my summer jetting(same bike and pipe) in nj at sea level. i had a 170mj i think a 52 pilot and im not sure of the needle but i never messed w/ it. that was at 32:1 with honda hp2 and 93octain gas. the thing that got me was how little top end power i had during the summer opposed to the winter( same jetting and ratio but a 175mj) Ive been told the 172 would be a waste n make no difference from the 170 but is that true? since my last ride i added a 14 tooth cs sprocket(the rear is 53tooth), and boyesen pro series reeds. how big of a difference should i expect when i get the jetting spot on?

ProCircuit

Jan 16, 2003
We found this jetting to work great, but we also use race gas and don't recommend the Boyesen reeds. Pump gas and reeds can effect the jetting a lot. You are on your own for this one.

ProCircuit

Jan 16, 2003
We have had some problems with the jetting with the Boyesen reed cages. We found the reed cage to hinder performance and cause more problems than it is worth. I would recommend the V-Force reed cage over the Boyesen.

Top Bottom