el_guapo

Dec 3, 2005
I installed a new pipe and silencer on my 03 kx250, and took it out for a ride, after an hour or so of riding ( moderate fire trails, lots of down hill) I got back to my truck and put my finger in the silencer ( after cooling ) rubbed the sides and I got slime/oil on it. it wasn't driping out but it was there.
the pipe manufacturer (fmf fatty gold w/powercore2 silencer) said that changing the jetting wasn't necessary, is the oily silencer normal or do I need to adjust jets? ( the bike had stock pipe and sil. prior)
yes, I'm a learner....Thanks. :think:

Jan 31, 2005
The very end of my silencer has had oil come out and run down the pipe. This continued for several months. Now, the oil does not come outside of the pipe. Would the outside temp have any thing to do with more oil during the summer month rather than now? This was the first summer for the bike and my first 250 two stroke. My gas and oil mixture has stayed the same.

njrealtor55

Sep 22, 2005
outside temp will effect jetting.

colder outside air will use more fuel. the jetting for the summer will not be good enough for winter use (providing your summer jetting is spot on)

just go ride like normal and pull the sparkplug and take a look. if it looks lean (whitish) then you need to re-jet. if it is dark brown or black, then you are fine.

do not do anything extreme at either end of the rpm range while checking the plug - lugging the engine or screaming high rpms. if you ride it normally you can get a good indication of the general jetting condition from a plug check.

if the engine starts to loop or not idle correctly or unable to come down from higher rpms to idle smoothly, turn the air screw in to richen the mixture up on the bottom end. try to keep the air screw at 1/2 turn out or more. i have found my kx doesn't like anything less than that. FYI, in the summer it is about 1.5 turns out.

Top Bottom