AJean

Nov 12, 2004
Hi,

I'm will change my piston on my kdx 220r for the first time this winter and I would like to know what are the choices that offers to me. I know that Wiseco does piston for the kdx, but are there many other brands? and what are the differents between the stock poiston and some "aftermarket" pistons??
thanks to answer to my questions!
Ajean

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
What have you read so far? Like:

http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=125663

You don't have a choice. Wiseco is about it. You could buy a Pro-X, ART or OEM piston..but you would get the same thing that was put in your bike in the first place...and that is not a good thing.

Wiseco's are forged aluminum..not cast. They are lighter than cast pistons. They are better in that they don't tend to break into pieces.

I'm sure other pistons are available. I've had pistons custom made for some applications (not the KDX). Give a machinist the specs he needs, he'll make it for 'ya!

Wiseco will be fine for your use. Check the basic stuff: Ring end gap, piston-to-cylinder clearance, use new pin clips (they come with a Wiseco kit), install them correctly, make sure the wrist pin is not too long (Wiseco has had a problem with that in the past). If it's too long, the clips don't SNAP into place..then they tend to come out when you don't want them to!

AJean

Nov 12, 2004
Ok thank you very much this is the kind of respond I expected!! I'll go with a Wiseco and anyway it's almost the most easily available piston I can get.

Top Bottom