drgriffi1

May 24, 2007
Just got my new side pieces from DC Plastics. I can not be more pleased. Despite having to redrill holes a little bigger, I am very happy with the quality. And they are really durable, yet lightweight plastic. A lot stronger than the stock. All I have to do is get the tank to match and I will be good to go. Will post pics tomorrow.

On a side note, I took the bike out yesterday for the first time since I had it and cleaned everything (carb, etc...). I noticed that when idling, it tends to rev up and down and then just die. Then it is really hard to start again after riding it for about a half hour to an hour or so. Didn't look like a fowled plug when I pulled it, what could it be? I know I need to go out and adjust the carb as I am riding it, since I have not adjusted it properly, but just looking for ideas.

drgriffi1

May 24, 2007
Well I said I would post a pic, so here you go. I will have a matching tank by middle of August.

bikeside.jpg

drgriffi1

May 24, 2007
$40 plus $5 shipping. I'm thinking, too much red now... Maybe I should go with a different color seat, like all black or something. I would like to keeep the scheme as black and red, so I may change up the seat, again.

drgriffi1

May 24, 2007
All together, I've spent $42 for fenders, and the $45 for side pieces. And then general tune-up stuff like filter, oil, plugs, etc.. I knew when I bought it for $300, it would need some work. And I'm glad it did/does, it gave me somting to do lately.

y2kz71

Jun 11, 2007
Its your bike, but I think the factory yamaha IT blue would have been better...the red doesnt look bad but it makes me think Honda.

drgriffi1

May 24, 2007
All the blue I found did not match. It was hard to find all the right pieces in the right color. I am going to throw old plastics on when going to sand, but for putting around the roads/trails I go to, I wanted something that looked half way decent for a vintage bike.

Top Bottom