JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
the v-force reeds work really well. i have them on my bike and they work great. mine isnt the v-force 3 though

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Boyesen pro series are much less expensive and still offer an impressive gain in performance.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I just bought Boyesen Power Reeds and installed them today. I bought them because they were cheap. Some reed sets can be quite expensive and aren't entirely worth the price to weekend and amature riders like ourselves. The power reeds seem to give a boost in the mid range, right before the powervalve opens. I wouldn't say the gains are impressive.

Pauloxxi

Oct 24, 2007
How to identify Reed problems? Is that need to be perfect seated over. I open mine and it seems OK, but I'm novice on this I coould se a small gap, I wonder that is a problem. Anyway, please let me know how to identify a bad reed?

Thank you!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Even a little gap is bad. Flip them over and be sure not to over tighten them. It will buckle the reeds and make them gap. Obviously you replace them when they are cracked or chipped. But there is a number of hours that they can be safely used and that is that.

Top Bottom