New remote hot start...Check this out!!!

JF-33

Nov 19, 2000
I just picked up a new hot start for my 250f today. It was made locally here in PA, I found out about it by accident.

Any how, this one is different from the Terry (and better imho).

Instead of a lever that you switch back and forth, there is a button you hit.
You just hold it in while you kick, and release when it starts.
The button is mounted below the kill switch, so it is right beside your thumb.
I tried it out today by riding my bike for a while till it was hot...layed my bike on it's side until it stalled by itself...left it lay on it's side for another 15 seconds or so, then just for good measure I cranked it wide open while I picked it up.
TDC kick, kick....boom...starts up(in gear mind you) on the second kick!!! This thing is SWEET!
Only bad part is that the hand drawn directions weren't the greatest, but it was so easy to install that it didn't really matter.
If anyone is interested in this set up, let me know. I can post pics and contact info if need be.

bentbarz

Dec 16, 2000
Originally posted by JF-33:
[If anyone is interested in this set up, let me know. I can post pics and contact info if need be.[/B]

I can't believe you are making us ask for the pics and info...post,post. Thanks.

mnbaja

Dec 20, 2000
Yeah, Send em already.
smile.gif

KXTTRXRDAD

Jul 8, 2000
Al right I think we all need to see this thing to believe it!!!! Also price and info on where to order. We're waiting..... Thanks Tim (please post any further updates and testing you do)

------------------
01'WR250F 00'TTR-125L 01'KX85 00'KX60 99'XR70

JF-33

Nov 19, 2000
I am giving the Hot start the official race test tomorrow, I will post pics/data, and any results on Monday...

JF-33

Nov 19, 2000
I have the pics of the hot start available. I don't have any web space, how can I post a picture?
If anyone can help, that would be great!
thanks...

Michael Coons

Apr 12, 2000
Looks good, however the square edged mount on the handlebars concerns me. It seems to me that should have ground down, so you could not catch the edge and cut yourself.

Question, on the left side, does that expose the tubing, or let fresh air in, when you push in the button ??? I hope that makes sense.

Thx MC !!!

------------------
A man needs to know his limitations - Clint Eastwood (Dirty Harry)

JF-33

Nov 19, 2000
I did race on Sunday, but I didn't crash or stall, so I don't have anything else to add. I have been repeating the inital "lay it over till it floods" test and it has started right up every time...

XTRM250F

Jan 31, 2001
Well wether you lay it over or not has little to do with the hot starts operation.
Except holding the trottle wide open for a kick or 2 with the decompression lever pulled will help after a drop or stall.
Could you check the email I sent you
Thanks in advance
Shawn

Top Bottom