dpaxson

Sep 30, 2006
Hi Everybody,
I'm not exactly new to the site, but I am new to the sport. This site has been so helpful to me with fixing up my new bike so I though I would ask for some advice. i live in a suburban area right around cleveland so there aren't really any trails or open fields close to me so i don't get to ride/practice much, but I want to ride at a motocross track. I have a little experience riding on a couple of trails but I've never gone over any whoops or jumps or anything. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get started? Should I just go to a track and start riding slowly and work my way up or should I try to find some kind of class to show me the basics. I guess I'm pretty lucky because there are 3 motocross tracks within about 40 minutes of my house. I'm 15 by the way if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance.

-Derek

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Derek,

Get in touch with the tracks around Cleveland and ask when they are having riding classes. I think taking a class from a good instructor would help you to learn the basics faster than just hitting the tracks if you have never done it.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Welcome to DRN!
Good advice above. That will also hook you up with fellow riders.

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
I rode Wellsville a couple of times last year. The rumor was that it's being shut down. Is it still open for riding now?

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
Yes it is and it seems better than ever!!!!! I rode there last weekend and the trails are still nice and open and the hills are still very challenging. :cool:

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
The only area that is closed down is the area where many people parked next to the "rusty" oil containers which was turned into a landfill. Everything else is still open and thankfully we have a campsite so we don't have to pay the daily 10 dollar pass per person. Otherwise it is still awesome to have a good time!!! Hope this helps. :cool:

ep1k

Jun 14, 2007
Yeah thanks for the link mmz. Im about to check out that website, and who knows I may go there sometime soon. Im from columbus

Top Bottom