New rider out of Southeast Michigan

Bentz

Jul 27, 2006
Hey all, I'm new to the world of two wheels.

I live in the very Southeastern corner of Michigan (just North of Toledo, OH).

Had three and four wheelers when I was a kid (Yamaha and Honda 200cc three wheelers and a Yamaha Blaster 4-wheeler) and spent many summers riding the St. Helen area.

After riding my girlfriend's brother's WR250 a bunch of times earlier in the summer, I bought a WR450 about a month ago. My girlfriend rides a TTR125.

After practicing in some open fields and back yards, we went to Mio and rode the trails there last weekend. It was quite the eye-opening experience as it was my first time riding on two wheels in the sandy stuff. I can't count the times that I had to lay the bike down, but eventually I got the hang of it (sorta). A guy that I was talking to out on the trails highly recommended the Dunlop 773's for the trails in Michigan. Any other Michigan riders' input would be greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping to get some riding/gear tips and help my girlfriend and I become better riders.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Howdy from the DFW Metromess and welcome to the site :cool:

Have you completely filled out your info in your CP? Be sure and do so. After that grab a spot on the couch.

Fill us in on the who, what, when, where, and how long, and we will try and hook you up with some fellow members. Check out the Michigan Trail Riders forum for some folks in your area. These guys have written the book on how to make a local area forum work. There are guys in there that never come out into the main site!

Have a question? Try search and you might find a plethora of information in the database. If not, post your question and you will likely get some very knowledgeable responses, sprinkled with a bit of humor.

Again, welcome to DRN. We hope you enjoy your stay here and come back often!

jim f.

Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 2, 2005
Ya 773 work good but any open thread works ok. Not all trail are sand but most of them I have rode do have a fair share of sand.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom