sikkdirt745

Dec 21, 2007
I am planning on buying my first bike very soon i am 15 5'7 and 125 lbs i want to get a crf 50 and modify it. I do not know much abut doing this though. Does any one know what the top spped of a crf 50 is stock and possibly how fast you could make it with a big bore kit and other mods. I am also planning to convert it to a manual clutch. I know i could just buy a bigger bike but i really want somthing I can call my own and custom. But i do not want to waste my money if there is no way that i can get this thing to have a decent amount of power so i can do some good riding. So my main question is do you guys think i could buy one and modify it so that it would have enough power to decently pull me around. I do not want to race i just want it to be strong enough that i can go have some fun trail riding. Thanks for any help

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Unless you plan on racing a 50 in a pitbike class, I'd go with something a little more your size.

If you're only going to be doing trails, stick with something like a CRF150F or TTR-125.

That would be more suited to your size.

And, in the woods, who really cares what the top speed is, you'll never see it.

dan7777777

Dec 1, 2007
or just get a 50 because you like it im 6'3 and ride a XR70 and i ride a 230 but my 70 is very fun. Be yourself and have fun pit bikes are good for anyone.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If you want a pit bike get a good quality one that's already made it will be cheaper and less frustrating in the long run for what you have planned. Personally if you are not fixated on the pit bike thing I'd got with a larger bike like a TTR125 or CRF150F for a more usable ride. Don't get me wrong I like pit bikes but they are not a substitute for a full size bike, they are bling, a toy, but nothing more.

Top Bottom