New rider with RMX 250 questions

cybrid3

Sep 7, 2009
Hello to all from the UK

I have read the forum and its great and I have already learned a lot. I have just picked myself up a Jap import RMX 250 in the UK.

I have a few questions and was wondering if anyone can help. The bike has a 1995 plate on it but I have been told its not the original engine. I have the engine and frame numbers, is there anyway of telling the year of engine and year of frame?

Engine is J1134 - 104006
Frame is SJ13A - 104996

My next question is, which plastics/graphics from and RM would fit. From what I have seen here, people are saying 89-92 however, when I looked at pics of 89-92 RM 250's the plastics (certainly the rad shrouds) are different to mine.

My next question is what mix should I run it on as its had its oil pump removed. I have been using 50:1

I have put a pic of the bike in if it helps anyone help me

Thanks to all who can share any light with me

Attachments

• IMG_2100.JPG
    IMG_2100.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,200

upstateny

Mar 16, 2009
If you can get some pics of the other side of the engine, and a close up of the engine from different sides, that would help.

Also does it have a Keihn Flat Slide Carb on it?

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
the plastics changed in 93 , so 93-95 rm plastic rad shrouds, frenders should all interchange
i had a 92 rm250 i would have been happier with the rmx, nice bike, a good set of reeds,jet it right and it should be a great bike, let alone if you have it ported

there is no oil pump (hehehe) ;)
i like klotz 40:1 just keep a eye on the plug to make sure its not to bright of a tan /or white color, the pre mix oil lubricates the main bearings as well as the cylinder
93-99 motors were compatible i believe, try a 1-800 number
to get ahold of a suzuk factory theyll help on the numbers

cybrid3

Sep 7, 2009
Thanks for the info. The bike is locked away in a friends garage at the moment so I will get some more engine pictures when I can get to it

Top Bottom