R

Rob z

Hi all,
Just had my Wife's son move in. He's 15 and loves dirt. As it has been 25 years sence I've been on a dirt bike I'm a bit rusty. Grew up riding CA desert, still have the scars :)

Anyway, his Dad did little to help him, in fact hampered his riding. I can help him with some basics but he needs ride time and someone to ride with. We are in the Garland area. Are there any clubs, clases etc for me to point hime to?

We have a 150 and 250. He rides the 250 but the bike is too much in control so I'm having him on the 150 sor some confidence time.

I'd like to help him stay with this.

Thanks
Rob Z.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Welcome to the friendliest forum on DRN! You'll find some good riding in the area, and lots of guys who like to ride. Try the Red River park in Bulcher, near Muenster. Call (940) 995-2903 for info, or see the website, redrivermotorcycletrails.com. There are lots of good beginner trails and more technical stuff. Also good are Rocky Ridge and Barnwell Mountain. But Red River is my favorite. Most guys call it "Muenster."

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
i suggest rocky ridge for a newby. lots of friendly terrain and a good place to learn the basics.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Yeah, Muenster has lots of easy trails, but it's not hard to get off onto something far more challenging without realizing it right away. Best to have someone to show you around. I'll be out there the first Saturday in March, if you want to look me up. Look for a large white van and a black utility trailer, a couple of KTMs and maybe a blue Gas Gas. I'm usually through the second gate near the pavilion. Just post up here when you want to go; I'm at Muenster nearly every weekend.

R

Rob z

Thanks JMD and tx246,
I've been checking the site and found a link to a map of TX parks.

If all goes well I'll try and get Jason(the stepSon) out to Munster to meet the first weekend.

I'm going to swing by Two Wheel World, in Garland, if it is still there and put out some feelers for local riders he can start hanging with.

He is already droping hints at riding my Triumph Tiger. So far I've avoided the question and hidden the keys :))

Thanks again
Rob Z.

RedStreak

Feb 19, 2006
Hey ya'll

I kinda have the same question as Rob Z did. See, I pretty much JUST started dirtbikin and love it! I've got a CRF100F and need to really get started riding a lot. I don't have any of the riding gear, is that really neccesary? All I wear is some under Armour, a leather jacket and jeans. I'm 13 and need a good newbie place to ride.....an UNbusy one. Any help would be REALLY appreciated! thanks.

JB

lust450

Nov 20, 2005
REDSTREAK,yes you need all the gear,boots, helmet ,goggles and gloves are a must!! I suggest rockyridge my son is 12 great place for just starting out!! just be careful on the roads at rocky lots of quads, but very easy terrian to ride good luck!!!!!!!

Top Bottom