New riding area in Kansas City, MO coming soon

Ford-PSD

Uhhh...
Oct 22, 2002
I was at my local m/c dealership and there was some information about at new riding club in Kansas City called City Wide ATV and Dirtbike and the starter of the club has been contacted by the Kansas City Engineering and Real Estate Commission as they realize KC needs a decent legal riding area for offroad.

They are willing to set aside 900 acres of wooded area in the Tiffany Springs Parkway area next to the KCI airport.

This area used to be a riding area until people started trashing the area and then a atv accident shut the area down. It wasn't really a legal riding area, but people had been riding there for 18 years without any problems.

So this is excited news for us in KCMO

andymstevens

Mar 10, 2000
If you've lived in Kansas City for more than a month, light rail coming to this area is roughly equivalent to pigs flying, Esrey taking a pay cut and other fairy tales...

I was comparing it as such to the mythical airport legal riding area. I rode out there before it was "shut down" because life flight got called for some knucklehead. I think the cops just don't want to share their riding spot with anyone with a sense of self esteem that doesn't come from driving a car with lights that flash.

knobby hob

Apr 7, 2002
I have lived in the K.C. area for 37 years. I dont totally agree that we need the light rail system but do agree that a riding area within a hour drive with the amount of avid off road riders that we have in the area would be a definate plus to the area.If done right,it could be a money maker for the city with land that sits vacant & collects garbage.Legal riding areas dont just pop up without people making the effort. so, any orginization making a honest effort should be applauded and helped.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
One problem that will plague the area is lack of parking. Plus there is NO way that the land owner to the south will help in any fashion. He is completely anti-offroad. Should be interesting as the city has had offers to lease the land before with no interest at all. I sure would like to see it work out though...

Rick M. opens a hornets nest for the locals (just kidding).

Ford-PSD

Uhhh...
Oct 22, 2002
What I have heard is that they have discontinued using the 6 soccers fields because of all the noise they get from the planes flying over. Talk about being dumb, who ever thought of putting 6 soccer fields at the end of a major airport runway was realing using their head.

If that is true and they shutdown the soccer fields, that would make one huge parking lot for everyone to park at.

sasrocks

Nov 10, 2002
There are petitions circulating now in support of opening up this area. I encourage you to go to your local shop and check it out...

Top Bottom