New Rm 125 wondering gas/oil mix ratio

atticus9

Mar 15, 2007
I just baught an 01 rm 125, it runs really nice but the guy i baught it off told me to mix to from 30-40 to 1 that dosent seem right seeing how all the other 125's are mixed at 32/1. I was just wondering if the guy is right and i should mix it from what he said or stay with 32/1. And my choke is very odd, it has a spring to pull it down so to kick start u have to hold it when ur hand and start it then let go im guessing i dont have a manual so im asking for advice appreciate it.

sharky_101

Mar 14, 2007
it doesn't really matter, it all depends on what style you ride, for example, if you put along a hell of a lot mix it lean, but for a 'safe' mix stick to 32:1. the difference of 30:1 and 40:1 isnt a great deal anyhow

MeanorMX

May 30, 2007
You seriously shouldn't need the choke to start it on an '01, you might want the carb cleaned out. Secondly, always run 32:1 unless you really know what you're doing and y ou have other things besides basic riding you're doing.

atticus9

Mar 15, 2007
yea my chokes weird its stuck down and when you pull it up it has like a spring to pull it back down. And its not tough to hold it up for a second while im starting.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
32:1 is a good all-around ratio. Find the ratio you like and stick with it. Then jet accordingly. How you ride the bike isn't an issue if it's jetted correctly. And yes, you should need the choke to start it cold. If not, the pilot circuit is too rich. Also, the choke should remain in the up position by itself. It has a small detent for just that reason.

micshol

Feb 7, 2007
I run a 99 rm 125 at between 40 and 50:1. It runs great but I am sure the jetting is good. have a PWK Quadvent carb where the choke pulls straight up.

Top Bottom