New Rm100-Clutch problem(too cold outside?)

Daddy-O!!!

Nov 18, 2005
I have a new old stock 03 Suzuki Rm100-Just got it home-Checked nuts and bolts and fluids-Fired it up,went through the gears-Shut down and let cool down and rode again. Did this 3 or 4 times and put on bike stand-Went to put in shed and now when bike is in gear and you pull clutch lever in-the clutch stays engaged(i have to put in nuetral to roll it)-I checked clutch cable adjustment on bars and fluids-Its about 25 degrees outside -Is the cold keeping plates from working?I didn't ride it real hard-- just going through some trails and I didn't slip the clutch too much.Fast little bike,by the way!!! This is my first post ---Every one seems helpful around here--- Thanks and Hello-My name is Jeff-I live in So.Illinois-four kids.

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
where does your clutch cable enter the clutch?

does it go right in the top of the clutch cover,
or is it on the other side though the ignition cover?

my cr was the same way, my cable goes though the ignition side, so there is a long rod which pushes the arm actuator to put pressure on my pressure plate, well that rod was worn well beyond specs(i could physically see the size diffference compared to a new one!!! :bang: :yikes: ) once i changed that it was much better, but it still drags.

Daddy-O!!!

Nov 18, 2005
Thanks for response,figured it out-Bike was shipped from Texas to St.Louis through Forward Air.It is also a brand New Old Stock 03-I got a great deal even w/having to ship.Maybe it was whoever setup or from being shipped-Also I was in a hurry to fire it up(I know better!!!)Adjustment on cable was completely loose-Adjusted as manual said-Everything is fine now-Man,I was starting to get that sick feeling in my gut."Brand new bike and I already screwed it up! ""SH*T!!!!!! ----All is good now - Thanks Jeff

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Is this bike really a Kaw? If it's a Suzuk.......it may show similar problems again, even with lever adjusted properly I've always thought Suzy should improve the clutch friction-plate material. Take apart clutch, take some light sandpaper and lightly remove "glaze" from the friction plates (glaze may not even be seen) Fill gearbox with ATF type F fluid.

Top Bottom