Jan 19, 2005
Shorter - softer seat for 2004 YZ250???

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can tell me the name(s) of a few suppliers of seats and what product to look for in order to change the height of my seat (I want it shorter) and perhaps also the firmness of the cushion (I want it softer).

A friend of mine looks to have a complete seat from One Industries (or at least the cover) that looks shorter than stock and is softer than what I've got.

I am thinking I may just as well buy the whole thing complete if it's offered that way (cover, foam, plastic) to make changing it out easier.

I unstapled the cover on my KX and shaved the foam down with an electric knife and really like the way it feels, the YZ's foam just seems much harder so I would rather keep it as a spare and just get new foam/cover or new foam/cover/plastic.

If I can buy a "short" seat right off the bat and not have to shave it down that would be even better.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Shaun

patto3

Apr 8, 2006
You can't buy a short seat from the shops. Your best go would be to buy a new seat foam, shave it and use your YZ seat cover, unless you are willing to spend a bit more on a new seat cover. Also, if you do get a new seat foam and shave it don't get a soft one or you will probably hit the bottom of your seat.

Jan 19, 2005
Who makes a softer replacement foam for a 2004 YZ250?

The stocker is like riding on a brick, so I'm looking to swap it out for something more comfortable.

Thanks.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
It's not supposed to be comfortable you're not supposed to sit down. ;) No such thing as an aftermarket short seat. SDG and I think One Industries makes complete aftermarket seats. You can buy an afermarket tall seat or just the foam I think. Maybe buy the tall stuff and cut it way down to get to a softer seat out of that? Some bikes just have hard seats, ever sat on a KTM? :yikes:

Jan 19, 2005
Actually I have seen a few manufacturers like Ceet and Factory Effex that make short seats, unfortunately just not for my 04 YZ.

I do see that www.gutsracing.com offers 3 different densities soft, medium, and hard for almost all bikes but unfortunately no short versions.

Also after digging a litle bit I did come across a fellow that bored a few holes through his stock foam in some strategic places to soften it up, seems to make sense so perhaps I will experiment with the old seat and bore a few holes along with shaving it down with the electric carving knife like I did with my old KX.

Top Bottom