drgriffi1

May 24, 2007
The now identified 1979 IT 400 I have, has a nice hole in the back of the seat. Where can I find a seat cover? Would it be more pricey to get it reupholstered or to get a new cover and staple it on myself? I did a fairly decent job myself making a new cover out of vinyl, but it is a little off and will eventually like to get it changed. Just FYI, I am slowly changing the main color from blue to red. I ordered new red fenders for it, put red grips on, red hoses on carb, getting tank and side pieces painted red next month. Will get "work in process" pics up soon. Thanks.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
My wife made the seat cover for my '86 Yamaha YZ-125. Other than the fact that it doesn't say Yamaha on the side it looks great and it cost us about $8 for the material. It did require sewing one seam along the back edge, but otherwise it was stretch it over the seat frame and staple it down.

Rod

drgriffi1

May 24, 2007
Ah, the one I made had 5 pieces to it. 1 is the red panel you sit on, then 4 black sides. I think I had 8 seams to sew. It didn't turn out bad, but you can def tell it is home made. Will post pics later today...

Top Bottom