MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
I got new springs for my weight and had Proaction put them in. The back is alot plusher but the front seems to be siffer. I cant even push them down by pulling down on the bars on the softest setting. Do they just need to be broken in or what? I paid alot of money and dont want something that is actually worse than before!

------------------
1998 CR 125 MoO machine.
"To much honey is bad for you"

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
If you had the forks rebuilt, they will break in and get a little softer. Make sure you bleed the air build-up, and experiment with different oil heights. My bike is very sensitive to oil height, too little and it bottoms, too much and it gets stiff and harsh. I also started to use ATF in my forks, and it seems to work quite well. If you are racing motocross, you want the forks to be fairly stiff so you can skip across the tops of the whoops. Try lowering the oil height in 5mm increments. And ride harder! ;)

P.S. I have Pro-Action suspension, and their valving does run a little on the stiff side, but I like my suspension that way, as I tend to slam obstacles and ride aggressively.

------------------
1992 KDX 250-FMF porting,two-stage power reeds, Fatty pipe, Power Core silencer,titanium rod,Wiseco Ultra-lite, Pro-Action suspension...Oh my Gawd, they killed Kenny!

[This message has been edited by spanky250 (edited 04-07-2001).]

MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
Well I had pro action do everything. There about 5 minutes away. Im not sure. The back end is good but the front is just SO hard.

------------------
1998 CR 125 MoO machine.
"To much honey is bad for you"

motopuffs

Mar 15, 2001
Double check to make sure the forks aren't binding due to the forks being out of their "happy spot" on the front axle.

Probably not it, but just a thought.

------------------

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Take it back and see how they handle it. Everyone deserves the opertunity to make the situation right.

------------------
"Danger is one thing but danger combined with long periods of suffering is quite another." Sir E. Hilary
wilkey@mx-tech.com

Top Bottom