new strokers at the ISDE in France 2001

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Thanks Henk. That's cool stuff , keep it coming :)

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Cool Pictures! Especially of those new huskies.

Got some pics of the over winner? (Mika Ahola's bike)

(check out www.nixley.com and see if one of those looks different):)

(Bottom two are mine as it was last week..worn tires and all) (Fourth up from the bottom is going to be around Colorado for a bit.):scream:

Last edited:

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I heard a rumor the KTM is holding back until they get more horse power. They want to be competitive with the new husqvarna and YZF250 Yamaha and their initial 250 concept didn't do that. Anyone else hear that? :)

teton

Dec 13, 2000
Cool pic's, thanks and good job, there's a post on the KDX page from a rider and DRN'r from Japan saying that even in Japan the enduro rider's are looking and riding the euro bike's and that the big four in Japan have pullled all but the mx bike's in there 2-stroke line of bike's. I cant wait to see a shoot-out with the little 250 fourstroke bike's, if those Husky's, KTM's, TM's and GasGas 250's can come close to the YZ250F in performance (the 250F is a great bike to compare with, except for hot starting after a stall) I wont mind to much then for a four stroke insurrection !:cool:

henkholland

Oct 26, 2000
thanks for all the nice words. internet is great. you show us the crf etc and i give you some euro strokers.
About the 250's: in the cross tess the WR's looked the fastest, also according to other spectators. However, Esquirol (HVA) took the overall in his class, but he is some rider. I somewhere read that the HVA 250 (competion model had an alu tank like the 400) had the same problem as the 400: would not run clean in the mid revs until they gave the valves more free play at day three or four. Then the bikes did run clean.
French results link: http://www.isde-france.com/english/index2.html
This week I will get a couple more pics.

henkholland

Oct 26, 2000
about Matteo: some wide angle lens distortion
about ahola's bike: dont' know yet
about KTM power: Matteo Rubin won his 250-4 class in 2000 in Spain on the KTM.
but, yes. it looked like KTM was busy with other classes; there were only four 250-4's.
!! The french result link is slow sometimes.

BenjaminPQ

Spammer
Jan 4, 2001
I will wait till some of the more experienced KTM boys take a look at that picture but I am suspicious. To me that looks like the 250RFS that was to wimpy to release because it was just a sleeved 400. We will see........:think

Top Bottom