Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Here's what we are working on... (I'll add to this list as more becomes available:

1) Water in the pits!! City water! No running the well dry!
2) Electricity in the pits!!
3) ONE and ONLY ONE way onto the main track.
4) More flaggers
5) A heads-Up. Unless we can secure good insurance at the same rate as 2003, we may have to increase the daily rate by $5. Frankly, I'm sorry we even need insurance in the first place. You just never know. Did you realize there are only 2, yes 2, companies in the US that will insure an event like this? It's a crime. Really. They name their price. End of story.

MUCH more to come, but I do want to let everyone know what we're working on.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
1) Water in the pits!! City water! No running the well dry!

WooWhoo - Clean bikes for everyone! Would that be drinkable water so we don't have to make a trip for fresh water. That, and the daily blackwater service will make the pit area like the Ritz!

2) Electricity in the pits!!

No more noisy generators to drown out the sound of bench racing at night!

3) ONE and ONLY ONE way onto the main track.

Amen Brother.

As far as the insurance issue, couldn't the event be named as an additional insured on Cooperlands/Brown's policy, with any additional premium incurred paid by DRN? The policy is more than likely issued by the same company anyway.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Okie: Don't worry about raising it $5 per day. If we can't afford that, we really can't afford to be there.

Just my $0.03 (inflation ya know :confused: )

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I wouldn't mind it costing $30 or $35 a day! DRN operational funding for the rest of the year.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by Okiewan
Here's what we are working on... (I'll add to this list as more becomes available:

5) A heads-Up. Unless we can secure good insurance at the same rate as 2003, we may have to increase the daily rate by $5. Frankly, I'm sorry we even need insurance in the first place. You just never know. Did you realize there are only 2, yes 2, companies in the US that will insure an event like this? It's a crime. Really. They name their price. End of story.

$5 a day per person is still cheap insurance in my opinion. Keep up the good work Okie.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Originally posted by RV6junkie
As far as the insurance issue, couldn't the event be named as an additional insured on Cooperlands/Brown's policy, with any additional premium incurred paid by DRN? The policy is more than likely issued by the same company anyway.
I'd be surprised if he has insurance for anything other than major races.  It is so expensive that most tracks can't afford it other than for AMA races.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Patman
I wouldn't mind it costing $30 or $35 a day! DRN operational funding for the rest of the year.

Major ditto

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
all good news even if you have to raise price $5. Still the most fun around :thumb:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Goober is correct.

Most tracks only insure spectators if anything! The costs are so incredibly high, there's no way they can afford it. Thru the AMA it's a little better, but still, each day of the event has to be covered, ALL attendees have to be current AMA members, all attendees have to get their member card swipes EVERY DAY of the event... etc., etc. The cost to attendees would be more (to attend DW) if they aren't AMA members.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
$5 more a day? That's cheaper than a Grande Latte with extra caramel at Starbucks. :thumb:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Great news Okie!

For all those added bonuses, $5 per day is pocket change!

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
Okie,

I take teens on adventure trips from time to time and I use an event Insurance company called Botherhood Mututal. They do limited time insurance for groups as a secondary coverage policy. I use them for rafting trips, mountain biking and hiking trips. They are very cost effective and would at least give secondary coverage to anyone who had an accident.

even in their high risk category I think you could get it for under $5

Just a thought

Last edited:

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Great work, Okie.  City water and electricity will make it easy to RV the entire week! 

I agree with you that the insurance racket is a, well, racket.  But if we have to pay an extra $5 to ensure the good folks who set this up are shielded then so be it.

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
Id give the extra 5 a day just so I dont have to start my generator.
But thanks for makin this a great facility. Can I make reservations for a piece of prime property for dw2k4?
Oh and since Ill get to have full hookups I might be able to make the whole week (no more savin :uh: )
:worship: I cant wait, it just keeps on gettin better. B4 u know it were gonna need the big field!!

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
Dammit Okie you sure know how to get my hopes up. What is this $5 a day for you to have electricity and water? Whats wrong you dont want an Rv park? :moon:

itll still be a fun week so for a little more fun what about $10 a day inflation! I want the optional rv parking for $35 a day!!!
Sorry Okiewan ive been spoiled by some very sweet events and rate DW as one of them but a downfall is havin to run my propane generator. I think its made by husaberg because its the hardest most inconsistent engine that anyone should have to listen too. A true embarrassment. but hey keep givin me a chance to make an as of myself At least Ive got electricity!!!!!
Oh almost forgot the warm shower too.
I was somewhat upset with the spode wash. There were 4 with me and we all went spode and gave about $20 for 4 days. but what upset me was that only about $25 were made for the whole week. Someones ungrateful to have the opportunity to smell good for a day a week.
Im confident itll be the biggest and best week of 2004.
Thanks for making it great!

Top Bottom