New Throttle cable

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
Well, I have gone through my stock OEM cable, it is now fraide. Anyways, how do you go about putting the new cable on? Do you have to do it? I am confused on whether or not it comes with the black outercasing or if you have to just run the cable from the throttle to the carb. Or is it all in one piece and you just take the old on off and put the new on on sorta thing? Thanks

TRAIL

Nov 12, 2002
You take off your old cable and run the new one. It should come with the cable only.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
hey MRK, i just fitted an motion pro t2 grey cable to my 250, i couldnt get the old cable out of the plastic sleeve so i just fitted the new cable with out it. my problem was that the cable didnt move freely in the sleeve and i kinked the outer cable when i twisted the carb for a jetting change......i am glad i changed it, something bad could have happened, but it feels great now. cost $13

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
The replacement will come complete. In other words with the plastic casing.
Be sure to route the cable exactly like the original to avoid kinks.
An easy way to do this is to tie a string or wire to one end of the old one to the end of the new one. Just pull out the out one and the new cable will follow the same route.

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
Get the Motion Pro T-2 cables that have the grey housing. When my stock cable frayed, I got a T-2 clutch cable and it has an easier pull than the stock Honda cables. It's also got a cool little gol adjuster thingy with it!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…