ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
I have been looking for a brand spankin' new 4 stroke to do my trail riding/hare scrambling on. So many choices, so little time! After looking at the Husky 450, KTM 400/520, talking about the Gas Gas and TM 400's and talking with the Cannondale dealer about the '02 dale as well as the factory gotta say that I am going to throw the dice and buy american. The Cannondale looks great, the '02 that I rode was magnificent, price has come way down from where they started, and has the best OEM equipment of the bunch, not to mention that an engineer at the factory responded to all of my numerous questions within 24 hours of me e mailing them to Cannondale....very nice! :cool:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Originally posted by ktm033
[BThe Cannondale looks great, the '02 that I rode was magnificent, price has come way down from where they started, and has the best OEM equipment of the bunch [/B]

Please list the features of this bike that the KTM does not have. If the bike is designed as the MX version and not an enduro version, compare it to the SX, otherwise the EXC. Thanks

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
Strick,

I was comparing cross country versions, compared the C440 to the 400MXC. The Cdale has all the features of the KTM including Excel rims, magura bars, hydraulic clutch, nissin brakes instead of brembo's, same grips, lighting coil, electric start, plus the Ohlin shock and fork have already been sent to pro-action and have been tuned. On top of that the bike has fuel injection, about the same weight, also has michelin tires and billet hubs. With all of this said the price I got from the dealer was $700(+/-) less than the best price I could find on the KTM. Having just gotten off an 01 200 exc would miss riding orange but.....

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Originally posted by ktm033
Strick,
Having just gotten off an 01 200 exc would miss riding orange but.....

You have chosen to venture into the unkown! May the force be with you.

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
I feel like columbus, only buying american, that can't be bad! will let you know.....good bye dear pumpkin patch I shall miss you!

Top Bottom