ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
What a nightmare trying to put on a new tire without puncturing the inner-tube. Two inner-tubes and many profanities later :yell: I dropped off the wheel at the dealership to be fitted with new tube!

( I even had a bottle of patience to help)read tequila

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
It's not so bad if you have the right tools and some good instructions and/or a good teacher. Even so, everyone pinches an occasional tube. I did some tire swapping a few weeks ago and managed to pinch a couple tubes. Prior to that, it had been years since I pinched one. :coocoo:

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Man, i must have been luky then! the first (and only) time i did it I poped a tire while i was riding so i needed a new tube, 3 screw drivers, 1 inner-tube and 20min of my time later i was riding agian... it wasent that hard, and i didnt puncture any tubes...

(could be from all the bicycle inner-tubes ive put on threw the years)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
CDave get yourself a couple of these to show the tire who's boss!

Attachments

• mighty.jpg
    mighty.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 115

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Having a set of tire irons instead of trying to use screw drivers helps a lot.

Using a lot of soapy water so that the tire slips over the lip easier also helps a lot.

Having a delicate touch so that you can feel when the tire iron is touching rubber instead of steel is essential.

Rod

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
definitly need tire irons- dennis kirk has them cheep-
also some dish soap/grease/vasaline----
on the tire will let it slide on easier ( most have rim locks to hold the tire ) so the grease wont hurt-
it also preserves the tire from weather

- some can be put on w/o tools its tough though

thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
Patman said:
CDave get yourself a couple of these to show the tire who's boss!
Oh yeah, I've got some of those beasts. They work excellent.

I dunno how many tires I've changed in my short time of riding and now that I'm kind of meandering from parts counter to the service area I've been getting dirty as well. So far the most difficult tire I had to change was a 12"er with a Maxxis Desert IT and a Moose Heavy Duty tube in the middle. It was frustrating but I got it done without a flat. :cool:

Top Bottom