New to area Lake/McHenry County, IL Where to ride

Jays ride

May 5, 2002
Recently moved to the Lake/Mchenry county , IL area. I would love to find a place close to home to ride on the weekends. I see allot of locals with quads and bikes , but no idea where they go. I usually drive to badlands ( 4 and a half hours) to ride. I enjoy trail riding and would love to get involved in MX. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Do a search useing keyword illinois, in the places to ride forum, and pick 3 months for how far back to look. there have been many threads run on this and you should find loads of good info.

ez2endo

Nov 21, 1999
Hi I am from your area as well. We are going to Badlands this weekend (18-19) c'mon down and join us. There is another thread on this topic, but there is a brit who posted on DRN looking for riding in Chicago.I have been riding in this area for 25+ years. IT SUX

James980

Dec 29, 1999
Originally posted by ez2endo
3 caves where is this??

A mile before you get to the sign up building for Buffalo Range.

Basically, the guy who owns the land where the caves by the railroad track are (yes, right behind the shooting range) decided to open it up as a riding park. (Either that, or he leased it to someone who did.)

Either way, it's basically land that no one hassled riders about riding on for free that has now been fenced in as another paid riding park. (Sort of like the Osage Trails place, which is for ATVs only, that's a mile down the road from BR's sign up.) Although he might have a track. If it's decent, it might be worth the $15.

James

clive

Jan 2, 2002
Buffalo Range is worth the trip in my opinion, I havn't tried any of the other commercial areas yet though. (Bye the way, I think I'm the Brit the other guy referred to!)

Top Bottom