New to bikes, new to here, from SLO, CA.

AaronTheory

May 30, 2003
I have been viewing the forum for a few months now but I never really post other than a few times while I was deciding what bike to get. Im a 19 y/o college student in San Luis Obispo, CA. I just recently sold my 68 Camaro, and got a 2000 CR125 with a few aftermarket parts to help out the low end and a chevy s10 pick up to haul it in. I have ridden at the Pismo/Oceano Dunes as well as once in Pozo over the past two weeks since i've had the bike. I dont know anyone else in SLO personally that rides, and i'd like to meet others so I dont have to ride alone so much. Maybe there are some Central Cali Coastal people on this forum.

--Aaron

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Right here, Aaron. Although I'm an 'ol F., my sons and I go out about every other week. We did Ballinger last weekend; may do Clear Creek or Pozo after the next rain.

Have yoiu thought of joining the Penguins M/C? I've met many and have ridden with them; should be someone riding every weekend in addtion to their scheduled group rides. Do a seach and look through their website.

Keep in touch: millenniumdsj@hotmail.com.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site Aaron. :thumb:

Check out the SoCal Wrecking Crew forum for opportunities out your way.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Welcome Aaron - hook up with Placelast and meet some of the crew.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Aaron.

Welcome to DRN. :thumb:

May I suggest that you take placelast up on his offer. You could not ask for a better trail boss.

Don't believe the 'ol F part though. Compared to some of us, he's just a kid. :laugh: :laugh: :ohmy: Oops, I think I wet my pants. :ugg:

AaronTheory

May 30, 2003
Hey thanks for the welcome, everybody!

I just checked out the poly penguins website. I didnt know they even existed, as I am a Cuesta student right now. I will be transferring to Cal Poly in the fall of this year. It would be great to meet some riders from this area. I am afraid it will be difficult to be able to ride with others that are far more advanced than I am (i simply wont be able to keep up), but I am not afraid of a challenge, so hopefully I can overcome this obstacle and meet some fellow SLO riders!

placelast, it would be great to ride with you and your sons. Are they my age? If you go anywhere remotely near, like Pozo, shoot me an email at theaarontheory@hotmail.com and perhaps I can tag along. Thanks!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Welcome to DRN! I'm a Cal Poly Alumni myself. I miss that place..... :whiner:

Okay, so you know all about the Pozo Saloon, riiiiiiiight????? :clue:

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Aaron: will e-mail ya later tonite.

GetMetoCA: I hear the Pozo owner is tempermental. A guy said he asked for something on the menu and the waiter said "Naw; I don't feel like cooking that today". Ha!

'OlwhatsYourName - I forget...lol.

Top Bottom