new to dirt bikes, TT-R250 a beginners bike?

hale

Jun 26, 2006
Hello pplz! I'm new to the dirt bike world. My dad just recently bought me a Yamaha TT-R250 06 from one of his friends for only $2,500 and he decided just to give it to me. I've never intended to ride dirt bikes, but I won't let the bike just sit there. I'm 5'8'' and 180 lbs. The bike seems pretty big compared to my friends lol. My friends told me that the bike I'm getting is a good beginners choice, but I don't know if I believe them. So is the TT-R250 really a good bike for beginners? Alright thanks.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Yes, it is a good beginner/play bike. It will require minimal maintenance and has a broad smooth powerband, and not an overwhelming amount of power. Have fun with it, always wear your helmet, and don't abuse it too much.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Thanks for setting up your User CP and updated information relating to your location. Grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself.

Check out the SoCal Wrecking Crew forum for opportunities to hook up with some fellow DRNers in your area. Scattered like fleas in the winds, these guys have always got a ride brewing.

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

bikesnob

Jul 5, 2006
hale said:
Hello pplz! I'm new to the dirt bike world. My dad just recently bought me a Yamaha TT-R250 06 from one of his friends for only $2,500 and he decided just to give it to me. I've never intended to ride dirt bikes, but I won't let the bike just sit there. I'm 5'8'' and 180 lbs. The bike seems pretty big compared to my friends lol. My friends told me that the bike I'm getting is a good beginners choice, but I don't know if I believe them. So is the TT-R250 really a good bike for beginners? Alright thanks.

Yes, ride it,enjoy it and learn. Have fun be safe

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Welcome to DRN, very nice of your popz to give you the bike! My first bike was an XR250.

Top Bottom