New to me bike, went to the Orange side

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
I now have two dirt bikes and a quad. The quad is going to be set up soon for just dunes as a lot of trips are planned for the upcoming months but I came across a 00 KTM 300exc on CL for a cheap price, on top of that offered even less and ended up buying it. So now I have my 99 RM250 and my 00 300exc which I love but I just dont know if I can sell my RM as I might just keep both bikes. Picked the bike up with the engine completely apart, put in new crank bearing and seals and fired her up and love the roll on power and how it handles on rails. My RM is a little more radical with power delivery but I love that bike as well. So here is my new to me 300exc which I spent well under a $1000 for and dont plan on selling it anytime soon. Maybe I will make my RM my dune bike as well as the banshee. Heres some pics of the final product. It has procircuit pipe with FMF powercore 2 silencer and Vforce 3 reed set up.

Just as a side note with my RM and this KTM my total is under $1500 for both bike combined.
KTM 300EXC completed

KTM 300 EXC 2

My 99 RM250

My 99 RM250 (2)

What ya think

Looks like I may of put this in the wrong category so feel free to move it. sorry

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
its amazing compared to my RM, I feel a lot more comfortable on this bike for some reason. Maybe its the pumpkin for the long run

muddertrucker

Aug 24, 2006
I found exact same model and year for a buddy of mine. The price was excellent and all it needed was some tires and a rear disc. Tried it today and I kind of wish that I bought it. The suspension it so much better than my KDX.

Top Bottom