Jun 8, 2009
Hello everyone!

It seems a bit quiet in this SoCal sub-forum, but I wanted to introduce myself and see if there is anyone else in the San Diego area who enjoys trail/enduro riding.

I've been riding on the streets for 7+ on a 2002 Suzuki SV650S (highly modified) and recently got into dirt riding. I purchased a 2001 KDX220R. So far it's been riding great.

With that said, I have only gone riding on my own at Corral Canyon. I know the area pretty well after many trips with my 4Runner doing trail riding and rock crawling. Anyway, I know it's not a good idea to be riding by myself, so I'm reaching out to you guys to see if anyone would ever be interested in meeting up for a ride someday. In fact, I'm almost positive I'll be out there on Saturday, June 20th.

Hope to hear from some of you!

- Lukasz

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Welcome

Its been pretty quiet here for the last year or two. Hopefully the cycle will swing back around and the weekly rides will come back.

Im an hour or two north of you but there used to be a few guys down there. Hopefully they will chime in.

www.thumpertalk.com has a California section that has a ton of action. You might want to check it out.

Jun 8, 2009
Thanks!

JWW said:
Welcome

Its been pretty quiet here for the last year or two. Hopefully the cycle will swing back around and the weekly rides will come back.

Im an hour or two north of you but there used to be a few guys down there. Hopefully they will chime in.

(link) has a California section that has a ton of action. You might want to check it out.

Thank you for the quick response! I'll keep checking back in here to see if more people respond. In the meantime, I'll try out the link you mentioned. Thank you for that- I appreciate it.

I'm not opposed to rides more north, by the way. So if you ever try getting some people together in your neck of the woods, I'll certainly try and make it up there.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Many of us are going to Kennedy Meadows over the 4th of July for some great mountain trail riding. You are welcome to join in. Many guys here do local enduro's through district37 and or club rides like TWMC.
The summer is here and the races quieted down but d37 has a few night desert races planned.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Are you looking to ride trails, MX or any type of dirtbike riding ?

If you're into MX, check out www.ProRide.com. Most of the rides we have here are the trail variety, but they can get pretty gnarly when the testosterone kicks in.

Just about everyone gets involved in competion of some type (GP's, enduros, MX).

It has been a bit quiet here lately. For me. it's been more of an arthritic thing cutting into my riding. For the other, younger riders, maybe it's family commitments ....I dunno ... but we need to get a group ride together sometime, just for old times sake.

And, yeah, it isn't really safe to ride alone, so riding an MX track is a good idea when there are no riding partners available. It's a long walk back to the truck if your bike breaks down in the middle of nowhere - the coyotes and vultures will be waiting to feed on you. :laugh:

lexdfox

Jun 22, 2009
Hey.

Just registered here, also noticed the SoCal area pretty abandonded, but hope that changes.

I'm in the SD area and might possibly be able to get some rides in, I've got an enduro (my dads bike actually, but i use it more than he does sometimes) and a quad myself. I didn't check what day you posted but hope everythings still open and your getting into the dirt bike world.

Top Bottom