dave2005

Jun 1, 2007
Hey everyone, I am new to the racing world and would like to get into some MX. I only have a 125, and would probably race in the D or C class. I was just wondering if I can just show up at a track and enter a race? What is the proper way to go about getting into racing.
Are there any tracks in mid-michigan (st.johns,Ithaca,Alma) area?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Dave, do a search on Morelands motocross. The track is near Stanton. As far as memberships, if the races are AMA-D14 sanctioned the appropriate forms should be available at the track to join the organizations. Good luck with your new adventure and have fun!

24mph,m/l

Starting Out

The expense of entering your first race will include: AMA membership , District-14 (of the AMA comprised of lower Mich.) membership, the gate fee , and sign-up fee. It will kill a $100 bill, but the membership fees will not need to be renewed until next year. So at your 2nd race you will only pay the gate and sign-up. Plus, AMA and D-14 will include monthly magazines listing all the races in the USA!

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Depending on what type of racing you are into there are unlimited sources.
Call me anytime for info or help.
I have been racing 125's for ever!
Thomas Dunn
AMA District 14
Enduro Chairman
517-896-9757
tdunn976@yahoo.com

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
24mph said:
The expense of entering your first race will include: AMA membership , District-14 (of the AMA comprised of lower Mich.) membership, the gate fee , and sign-up fee. It will kill a $100 bill, but the membership fees will not need to be renewed until next year. So at your 2nd race you will only pay the gate and sign-up. Plus, AMA and D-14 will include monthly magazines listing all the races in the USA!

That covers it...find a track, check it out, have fun. My husband and I will be at Grattan this Saturday.

Top Bottom