MJ

Jul 15, 2001
Hello, I am new to your forum and dirt riding. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. I also have a lot to learn about off road riding.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Welcome, I'm pretty new to the site myself.but I've been riding awhile and I learn crap here everyday:cool:

enjoy

I just realized this is the womens forum,sorry:o :o :o

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Crap? You learn crap? Sheez.

Welcome! Enjoy.

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
Crap? You learn crap? Sheez.
I do too!:)
I saw that Okie had posted in here so I figured let's take a visit in the women's forum. Jpivey is funny! don't even know what forum your in!:silly:
CRG

Yamaholley

Jul 12, 2001
yeay! another Oregonian!

Welcome MJ, from another newbie! Where in Oregon are you? What bike do you ride, and where do you ride?
I'm in Forest Grove, about 35 miles west of Portland...we mostly ride in the Tillamook Forest near Browns Camp, or Lyda Camp.
It would be nice to hook up with more women riders!
Cheers!
Holley

MJ

Jul 15, 2001
2001 XR200

I recently, within the past month, purchased my XR200. I have it set up to ride on the road as well as off road. I moved from the city to the Oregon Coast. There are lots of trails to ride on. I can even ride off-road from my house to work, only riding on pavement for about 1 1/2 miles of the entire ride. I have been a street bike rider for 21 years. I currently own a 94 Honda Magna. I have always wanted to have a dirt bike but it never seemed practical at the time. I really enjoy this dirt bike thing, it's a blast. I have already had the opportunity to experience air on my new bike. Not very much mind you, since it was my first time. But I want to do it again.:cool:

MJ

Jul 15, 2001
Oregon Coast

I live in the Siuslaw National Forest area. I ride mostly on trails. They surround my house so I am just minutes away. I ride a 2001 Honda XR200. It's a great bike, not too big and not too small for me. I think the hardest thing I am struggling with is how this forum thing works. I'm not sure when I post a reply to someone's thread if I am posting it generically or to the person who sent me the original thread. Is the forum set up like a chatroom or like email? :confused:

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
When you post a reply, it goes on the end of the thread you've just
been reading. If a person has subscribed to that thread, they'll
receive an email saying that you've replied to it, but the message is
not included.
In a way it is a chat room, just it's moderated, and answers aren't
instantaneous, and the text stays there for everyone to read, rather
than scrolls past a million miles an hour (depending on how busy the
room is).
The other thing, don't ever think it's a clique here, a lot of the
women have become friends, but others are always welcome to join in -
I know for me I don't like feeling that some women feel left out, but
it's up to them to join in, we can't force you to.
Oh, and XRPredator is fair game :)
Welcome onboard in any case :)
Michelle

MJ

Jul 15, 2001
Thank you

Michelle,

Thanks for the help on posting a reply. I think I ride better than I can do this chat/email stuff.:eek:

Yamaholley

Jul 12, 2001
Re: Oregon Coast

Originally posted by MJ
I live in the Siuslaw National Forest area. I ride mostly on trails. They surround my house so I am just minutes away. I ride a 2001 Honda XR200. It's a great bike, not too big and not too small for me

wow, that's so cool that you can ride off-road to work!
and that is such a beautiful area, are there maps of the riding areas available, or do you just have to know your way around?
I'm wondering if it's like the Tillamook, or if it might be a bit easier? Sounds like I'll have to check it out :)
I guess Michelle answered your questions about the forum..which is good, since I really don't have a clue, I just type, and it appears!

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Welcome MJ

I ride a 2000 XR200. They are really great beginner bikes. They are pretty much bullet proof and really easy to ride. That's what I love about mine. Anyway welcome! Be sure to tell us all about your rides.:)

MJ

Jul 15, 2001
Maps at Hebo Ranger station

There are maps availbale at the Hebo Ranger Station. I just picked some up of the Suislaw area yesterday. I have just been exploring without the maps so far.

curlyma

Lifetime Sponsor
Jan 19, 2000
Hi!

"I also have a lot to learn about off road riding."

Don't we all! Glad to have you here. The female ranks are certainly growing!

My hubby and I just took the plunge and bought a street bike, a Shadow a.c.e. tourer. I look forward to eventually learning to ride it.

MJ

Jul 15, 2001
I'm glad the female ranks are growing. When I first began riding street bikes, there weren't too many of us, but each day, I pass another female rider. It's great that the numbers are growing off road as well. It sure is a fun activity. I checked out some other off road internet sites and was not impressed. Lots of pictures of women depicted as "hood ornaments." I'm glad I found this site.

What type of off road riding do you do? Do you race? That has always been my fantasy.:p

Top Bottom