CarpetMan

Sep 1, 2003
Just wanted to let you guys know I have really enjoyed your forums over the last week and have found answers to many of my questions concerning my newly purchased KDX.
I found a 1991 kdx that a guy really needed the money and I got it for $650! Everything is tight, runs great, and even has new renthal chain and sprockets to boot!
I was impressed on my first ride...quicker than I thought it would be for a 200, but not nearly as fun as my old RMX but it was heavily modded...but hey it's been almost 10 years since I've rode so the KDX should be a blast!
Anything you guys would recommend that I check or do before doing to much riding on this 'new to me bike' I know very little about KDXs.
Great site and great forum!....see ya on the trails.....
Here's a pic of my bike
kdx.jpg

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
CarpetMan,

Welcome to DRN and Canadian Dave's JustKDX. I would say get a good manual, and give it a complete run through. If you have not noticed, the swingarm, suspension and headset bearings are very prone to wear. It was one of the first things I did when I picked up my '90 in the spring of '02. I also had the suspension reworked for my 200lbs. Good luck and enjoy your KDX.

CarpetMan

Sep 1, 2003
got my first good long ride in some decent terrain today....and man do I see what you KDX guys are all talking about...that thing rips in the tough stuff. It made it so easy to go through ruts and and tight trails without constantly having to stay on the pipe.
I've got to fix that front suspension though...way to soft...small hits at 30-40mph feel like its gonna knock the front end off!
I love this KDX!

harry monza

Sep 28, 2002
Hey Carpetman
I bought a 91 model and let me say I've had a ball riding this thing.
I also read this site before I had a good ride and was hoping all the things I read were true,
They were 110% right.

Harry 43y/o and having a ball.

Top Bottom