new top end

Dec 15, 2005
i have a 2002 honda cr250 that i just put a new top end in. i took it out for a little spin to break it in and when i got back, i noticed alot of splooge on the back fender and number plates, ALOT of splooge, i double checked the powervalve cables when i reinstalled the cylinder and adjusted them as well, the only other thing i changed was the slow jet, went 1 leaner, the air filter is clean as well. could the oil be from the rings not being seated fully? i have done a few othre top ends about 9 years ago and didnt really notice anything. it runs like a champ and doesnt seem to be missing a beat. is it normal till the rings break in or is somthing amiss? thanks for the help!

Repo

Sep 5, 2003
Your bike is burning off all of the oil that you used when you installed your new piston and rings. Once you run the bike for awhile all that will go away, as long as your jetting is right! If your bike is running too rich it will continue to do that.

Dec 15, 2005
i wiped off all the oil that sprayed on my bike and took it for another ride and its all good. thats what i thought repo, that it was just from the install and that nothing was amiss.thanks for the help

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…