IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
2stroke_coldsmoke said:
i got a 01 rm 125 and imma put a new top end in in this winter and i was wonderin wat u all gotta replace..piston,seals,gaskets, is there anything else??

First you need to purchase a service manual for your bike.

It will detail not only all of the parts you need to replace, but it will also give you some handy tips for doing the job, plus it will give you the specs you will need to make sure you aren't wasting time and money.

For example, are you 100% sure that your cylinder is within spec?

If you don't know the exact measurements and how to perform those measurements, I doubt you are.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
You will need this.....http://www.motosport.com/offroad/pr...ID~75^categoryID~97^categoryName~Top+End+Kits

As Indy said, a manual will help prevent that oops, which could cost you several hundred dollars.

Plus some coolant for aluminum engines, a few cans of carburetor cleaner and a wire brush to clean the power valve, you may find oven cleaner to work better. Some spray gasket remover, and a pic set for working the circlips out. Make sure the silencer packing is fresh and check the reeds. Clean the carb out really good. While the carb is apart take each jet out, one at a time, and look through them. Some folks like to run some very small wire through them. Look for the numbers on each jet and jot them down in your manual so you can make adjustments to the jetting without having to look what's in there first.

If you have the oportunity to have a leak-down test done before hand to make sure the crank seals are still sealing is a good idea.

Top Bottom