TEAMRAT

Sep 19, 2001
:) OK first off let me say what a great forum this is.....
All you fellow Katoom pilots helping each other out, great.
I am new to this forum, and will soon take delivery of a 520 exc when I finish my stint here in Antarctica (as soon as I get out of here in early October).

It will be my 5th KTM, so I am not new to the brand (495 EXC Rattler, 500 SX beast, LC4 600 neat and LC4 620 EXC no e/start, which I still have) and look forward to tasting the latest from Austria.

I have read all I can to date on the 520 through this and other forums and really have no major queries at this stage on the beast, except this one!!!

Oil filters, ok no need to educate me on regular servicing etc but??
I see there are optional stainless washable filters available, instead of the paper ones.
What is the general consensus on the advantage of these over the paper ones? Is there a difference in micron rating??
Just like to get some feed back so I can decide on what to order for my return as I will have lots of spare time and a new bike to run in and get to know.

Birgster

Oct 26, 2000
Antartica moto

Hey teamrat throw some nails in the tires and rail on the ice cap. I spent 7 months in Greenland and the first thing I did when I got home after a year in Greenland and europe was buy a 1988 cr 250. I feel for ya. Hope you make it home soon.
I don't know anything about your filter question other than stainless will last longer and flow better. I have buddy with a 520 and he loves it.
Take care and happy riding. Say hello to those eskimos.

rb

TEAMRAT

Sep 19, 2001
Thanks for the reply's Birgster and JEB,
I have had a gander at the TT link and it has answered my question,
I'll be sticking with the paper filters, after all we are now in the next millenium and paper still is the best thing for getting rid of crap (well next to soap and water)

Keep it upright people!!

Cheers
db

Top Bottom