macdaddyk321

Mar 4, 2007
We are thinking about putting in a track in Lebanon Ohio, just north of Cincinnati. It will be on 16 acres, not very big but it's something to get out on.

My biggest question is should I make the track for just bikes, or should I include quads too? I really have nothing against quads, I just like bikes better and so does everybody else i know, but the Kaw shop local here told me there are alot of quads out there. Is it good to mix the two?

Any input would be appreciated, either good or bad. I want to make as few mistakes as possable.

Thanks

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Could you build a separate track for each? The quads require different sorts of berms than MX bikes. . .

One of my local tracks is built on about an acre and a half. It's tight, but it's still fun. I think you could have two really nice tracks on 16 acres.

Look how small the SX tracks are.

macdaddyk321

Mar 4, 2007
Thanks guys
The thought of having two tracks is a good one, the property is layed out in two almost equal sections with a creek between them. The problem is that one side is only accessable from the creek, meaning you have to cross the creek to get to the other half.
So, would I make that side for bikes or quads?

Something else, the first side is all woods, the across the creek side is all open except for a small pond off to one side (perfect for bikes). Would bike riders be willing to cross the creek? It's not very deep, normal pool is about a foot or less, but there is about a six foot bank on both sides that is about straight up. I don't know for sure yet if I can alter the bank without making the army corp of engineers mad. But I'm sure there is some place to cross without dealing with the steep bank, just may have to ride down the creek alittle.

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
if this is a personal play track, you may be able to get away with almost anything. however, if going commercial and you put a lot of traffic through a creek, you may have to deal with the epa for pushing silt downstream. if you are just north of cinci - people will be watching you... you may have to consider a bridge to cross the creek. in any case, make sure you check on any required permits as the "north" is the land of taxes and laws - there is a tax or a law against everything! good luck - and if you do pull it off, let us know as we will stop on our trips north to visit family.

Top Bottom