Vermilion

Jul 7, 2009
I could use some advice! My nephew is getting into trails riding. (I will proudly take the blame!) His first bike was a mistake from the get go!! Due to a step dad that has no clue about today's 4 strokes. And was thinking of 250's, and 450's of old. IE 2 strokes. So he ended up on a bike that was well..... Ummmm...... (did I mention he is all of 6ft+, and in the 200-225 range) comical small! So needless to say there is an 08 Suzuki 125 for sale (still being paid for BTW) and when my nephew comes up from Ohio to visit his dad this summer. He has talked his dad (my brother in-law) into a new bike.

So now I am being asked to help to advise in this purchase. And as of Easter dinner I found out his bike of choice is the new 450 BMW! At the time I had not ready to many reviews on the bike. I kinda read one in Dirtrider, but remembered little about it. But the whole idea seemed.... Umm.... Sketchy at best. The kicker is, my brother in-law is being sucked into it!!! (kinda) One of his son's selling points is in the 3 year warranty. I was still not into it! ( I still think they should fined a well maintained KDX, but that's my own bike! LOL) After reading some reviews on-line, I am convinced the money would be best spent ells wear!

So now I come to wear I knew I could get the best advise I could get for this situation! The site that lead me to "jsutkdx.com", and the people that have helped me out in the past. Any help I can get would be GREATLY appreciated!!

He is about my same frame. About 6ft1 or more, and about 220+ give or take. He lives in southern Ohio, not sure of the terrain down there, and he will be riding with us up here (Michigan, Rose City). He is about 1 short year into riding on an under powered bike. So he has yet to experience how hairy things can get just by not paying attention to wear your wrist is at in the twist on a harder than expected landing. I'll NEVER forget that particular lesson!! LOL) Sorry if this post is a little long!

Top Bottom