kcampbe

Aug 23, 2008
I'm currently riding a 200cc enduro china bike - I know, I know. it was cheap. ;-)

1) your physical size: 6', 240lb
2) How physical / aggressive are you: Not very
3) what do you plan to ride: woods, trails, small jumps
4) Do you have any riding experience: 2 years street, 1 year on above
5) Do you think you will race: no
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work: I can do some bike work.
7) Do YOU have a preference to a brand/motor choice (2 or 4 stroke): Have Suzuki and Kawasaki, like the 2t maintenance, don't mind the noise or smell
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry: Many dealers, all brands nearby - including euro
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike: just really starting - $2k
10) Do you live in California: No, Georgia
11) Your age: 48
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion: going super fast isn't my thing, but fast is okay

I've considered the KDXs, KTM EXC, GasGas 200, etc. KDX are tricky to find as are 250EXC. Not sure if the GG EC200 is enough or if the 300EXC is too much?

Found a very nice '98 250EXC but have heard about shock problems - is that easily remedied?

I'm putting in your hands. Since I'm looking to buying used doing a lot of test rides is tricky and I don't have many friends that ride.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Kevin

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It's not much of a "problem", more like a different feel. It's something that can be worked out with a suspension tuner that understands the system (MXTech). It's a 12 year old bike so it needs to be serviced anyway. KTM makes a great 2 stroke IMO.

KTA

Jul 14, 2000
The 1998 models were the first year of KTM's link-less rear suspension.

You really can't go wrong with any of the bikes you listed. If that 250exc is in good shape and is a good price I'd jump on it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom