MIZR1

~SPONSOR~
Jul 10, 2001
Well, folks, just wanted to introduce myself. I have been around dirtrider net for awhile, but just bought (on Thanksgiving) my first trials bike. Its a 1986 TY 350 and I had a blast this weekend beginning to learn how much I dont know about trials. Seems like a great sport. If I end up liking it as much as I suspect I will, and have any aptitude, I may be shopping sometime next year for a newer model, but thought the TY would be a great place to start. Its only got 1147 miles on it and seems to be in excellent shape. Anyhow, I look forward to learning from this forum.

Regards, Glenn

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
Welcome I have a TY350 (my Father's) I put a 72 tooth rear spoket on it for him, he's about 200lbs and he likes a REAL tractor bike, welcome to the "club" and if someone asks what kind of bike that is "tell em it's a flat track/speedway bike" :)

Have fun with it!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Upstate NY the 51st state right? :laugh:

If you have not already you need to hook up with LoriKTM and her hubby Dave as they also live in your state :laugh:

They live down the road from Ray Peters' dad who seems to know a thing or three about trials too ;)

First trials then Amsoil! The world will soon be under my total control :p

MIZR1

~SPONSOR~
Jul 10, 2001
Thanks for the warm welcome. And Patman, thanks for the tip; I will try to look up these fellow NYers. Just my luck though, the snow has started falling and it may be a while before I can do much trials practicing. Then again, I've been aching to get the skidoo out. So many toys, so little time. LOL

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Hey, welcome MIZR1!  I must have missed this the first go-round.

Yep, trials bikes are put away for the season, but we'll talk more when the D3 & D4 events kick off next spring!

If you need a fix over the winter, go up and visit Mike Komer at the Tryals Shop in Locke, NY.  He's a local Expert rider, and can fix you up with parts, gear, or even another bike if you want!  :)

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
Got a building or garage practice balancing with the motor off, then maybe you will be ready for spring! If you happen to have a large building build your self an indoor section, as I have in my 100ft by200ft building. :)

MIZR1

~SPONSOR~
Jul 10, 2001
Lori, I will look forward to meeting you at an event next spring.  I lived during HS and grad school in the Syracuse area (which I believe Locke is near) and am now in the Albany area.  It seems like trials is pretty active around here and in NE.

JunkMan, not lucky enough to have a building like yours. but I guess I can practice balance stuff in the garage.  Thanks again

Top Bottom