_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Finally replaced the ol' drz! Decided I didn't need a plate or 400lbs worth of beast. My boys moved up to KTM Sr50s so we'll probably end up doing a fair bit of track riding this season. I set out to find a nice clean KTM200xc that fit my budget but that proved futile. People around here want 2500 bucks for a filthy clapped out 05/6. In my searching I came across this.

006_zps0f21b022.jpg

005_zpsb85b0ddb.jpg

009_zps651c3b70.jpg

It's an 03. It looked really clean in the CL ad. The guy seemed to know what he was talking about. Said it had new top and bottom end very recently and just had the suspension serviced. He lived over three hours from my house so we agreed to meet up an hour this side of his place. I was pumped, it was a fun road trip with my brother and our buddy. We also stopped to grab a 50 for one of the boys. Well, my excitement was knocked down a notch when he showed up. The bike was pretty dingy, the pipe and new plastic apparently made the pictures, lol. It was 21 degrees out so it was reluctant to start but did. It didn't want to run and we were in a walmart parking lot so I wasn't about to ride it around for 10 minutes. I'm still trying to figure out why I bought a bike this way? :bang: Anyway, We hauled her home. It wasn't really too bad! The motor really was fresh, although the powervalve governor was incorrectly aligned so the valves didn't open, maybe that's why it wouldn't run worth a poo? ;) The thrust bearings on the swingarm were toast and the brake pads fell apart when I removed them. The fluid looked like mud. Everything needed a good scrubbing. After a few weeks of clean up and a bunch of little parts she's back together and ready for a test and tune day. I can't wait to get some seat time on the pinger!

Apr 30, 2007
Ah dude, I know the feeling when it comes to used bikes. They ALWAYS look better in the pictures.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The first pic looked like it had a slick on it! Have fun with your new ride, put some fresh rubber on the back, you'll need it!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom