New Weapon Against Global Warming: "Flatulence Cards" Offset Dog, Human Emissions

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/03/070306-warming-credits.html

While global warming is nothing to laugh at, an Australian company is providing some comic relief, selling carbon credits for flatulent pets and people.

So-called carbon emissions, such as carbon dioxide and methane, are greenhouse gases that are thought to be key factors in climate change. These emissions can be offset by purchasing carbon credits, which may be used to fund environmental programs.

For 35 Australian dollars (about 27 U.S. dollars), customers of Sydney-based Easy Being Green can offset a year's worth of carbon emissions linked to their dogs, from trips to the vet to, yes, breaking wind.

Making your cat carbon neutral for a year costs U.S.$6, while U.S.$16 offsets two years of flatulence from that special someone.

[Now there's a valentine's/anniversary present for your significant other! ;) ]

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I don't want a card that offers "credits" to offset the "emissions" from my wife's dog.

I want to figure out what the hell she's been eating to create those room clearers and make her stop!

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
XRpredator said:
I want to figure out what the hell she's been eating to create those room clearers and make her stop!

Tired of replacing that wallpaper, eh?

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
That's pretty funny.
Although not as funny as the idea of "global warming" itself.

Wonder if they were issuing those credits in the late 60's when we were heading towards the new "global ice age"?

We do remember that dont we?
When "top worldwide scientists" told us we would be entering a new ice age by the 2000's??? :laugh: :laugh:

I remember that from school back then.

I'm still waiting.............. :rotfl:
"global warming" ROFLASUMC!!!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Then as now ... it's all about $$.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
OnAnySunday said:
That's pretty funny.
Although not as funny as the idea of "global warming" itself.

Wonder if they were issuing those credits in the late 60's when we were heading towards the new "global ice age"?

We do remember that dont we?
When "top worldwide scientists" told us we would be entering a new ice age by the 2000's??? :laugh: :laugh:

I remember that from school back then.

I'm still waiting.............. :rotfl:
"global warming" ROFLASUMC!!!

a few months back, rob found an article on global warming, but its actually global cooling :rotfl: . go figure. i never for one second believed in global warming especially after seeing Gore's interview on NBC( i think?).

earl pittz

Uhhh...
Mar 9, 2007
global warming

"According to a new U.N. report, the global warming outlook is much worse than originally predicted. Which is pretty bad when they originally predicted it would destroy the planet." --Jay Leno

"The report on climate change said that humans are very likely making the planet warmer. To which Hillary Clinton said, 'Hey, can't blame me for that one.'" --Jay Leno

"President Bush has a plan. He says that if we need to, we can lower the temperature dramatically just by switching from Fahrenheit to Celsius" --Jimmy Kimmel, on fighting global warming :laugh:

Top Bottom