Kramer

Jan 19, 2000
I'd love to meet up with some of you guys. And I've been wanting to check out ANF. I never know which days I'll have off (work) until the Thursday before, so it's hard to plan. Sometimes I can make arrangements though.

Do you have a particular day(s) in mind??

MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
Its the trail system In Alegheny National Forest, Look in a Us atlas...Marienville is on if I recall it right is RT66. Its South West from Bradford PA. around 45 miles I would guess. There is a site for the off-road trails, But I don't know it off hand.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I'd be interested as well, i'm only 30 mins away from Marienville so it sounds good to me. Plus the Yz should be up and running by then.

MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
What would the riders want to ride ..Tight woods with Rock sectiona of the bike trail or the open marienville/Timerline trails. I myself like Marienville trail and the Bike side. I wouldnt want to get anyone in over their heads on the bike side. We got a few riders so far....lets start putting things togeather, So my fellow riders what when where needs worked out

I would do a Saturday ride. time anything after 10 am ...I got a 2 1/2 hr ride down to the timberline trail head...would be like 3 hrs the main trail head.

Now what trail head would we meet at?

group ride mneeds group input.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
A saturday works fine for me, so does the time. I usually park at the Marienville ATV/Bike Trail Head, but could drive up to the Timberline Trail Head. That or ride over to the Timberline Trail Head, that way we would have a gas can closer to the Bike Trail just in case. I can be easily spotted by the DRN Fender sticker! ;)

I havent been on these trails in 4 years so i dont know what they are like now. I do know i had a hard time with my old Xt 250 on the bike trail. I beat it up pretty good, but it had no suspension or ground clearance. From what i hear you need both of them, but it was fun either way and i wasnt super experienced on a bike then. So i would figure with several riders an unexperienced rider shouldnt have too much trouble. Heck i survived it! :eek:

Now it time to get the bike up and running.

MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by Tree jumper
A saturday works fine for me, so does the time. I usually park at the Marienville ATV/Bike Trail Head, but could drive up to the Timberline Trail Head. That or ride over to the Timberline Trail Head, that way we would have a gas can closer to the Bike Trail just in case. I can be easily spotted by the DRN Fender sticker! ;)

I havent been on these trails in 4 years so i dont know what they are like now. I do know i had a hard time with my old Xt 250 on the bike trail. I beat it up pretty good, but it had no suspension or ground clearance. From what i hear you need both of them, but it was fun either way and i wasnt super experienced on a bike then. So i would figure with several riders an unexperienced rider shouldnt have too much trouble. Heck i survived it! :eek:

Well last year they started to smooth the bike side out some ...cut a few miles off in one section and added a few in an other area of the bike side. It was easier to do than the year before. I hope its broken in now...

Apr 19, 2000
Just want to let everyone know that there are a few of us going up Memoral Day weekend on Sunday. Look for a DRZ, KTM200 & 300 and a fast guy on an xr 250. After we ride at Marienville we will be going over to Rocky Gap. We try to ride both trails on the same day to save a trip. If anyone is going to be there you can ride with us.

biker

Sep 22, 2000
Slammer,
I'll be going to Marienville a couple days after Memorial Day. Any suggestions on one of the other areas. I've been to Marienville once and wouldn't mind trying one of the others. The more hills and nasty terrain the better. I enjoyed the bike trail, but the ATV loops got old. That bike trail at Marienville will eat a tire up in one full day ride. What about Willow Creek, Timberline, or Rocky Gap? I would try to join you guys, but I'm headed to High Point on Sunday. If anyone wants to go during the week let me know. I will be with a group of 3 or 4.

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
Dear Mrrmx.
I would love to come riding with you. However, that weekend, I promised to take out a bunch of old ladies from the local seniors home for bike riding lessons.
Come to think of it; it will remind me of our last ride together.

Top Bottom