Yamakid921

Aug 27, 2006
I recently bought a low hour 99 yz125. When i got it it was running fine and this being my first manual powered vehicle i had to learn how to take off. When i first started i kept stalling it and/or tried to start it in gear ( im still trying to get used to getting it into neutral). After 2 days i got confident as far as trail riding it. After 3 days of trail riding it the only problem was still trying to get it into neutral when i went to stop (im hoping when i get boots i well have a better feel for getting it into neutral). This is the only abuse it has seen but now ive noticed when i have the clutch fully engaged and put it into first it starts to pull and if i rev the throttle it will start moving forward. I want to know what the problem could be, my brother said he thinks it burned out but i find that hard to believe after only 3 or 4 days that the clutch is burnt, and i thought if the clutch is burnt that it wont even engage, thats not my problem though. My problem is it wont disengage fully.....

Is there something wrong with the clutch plate, is the pressure plate not disengaging all the way, or has my cable possibly slipped and is not disengaging the clutch completely? Do you think changing my transmission oil may help?

I hope i dont have to buy a new clutch because my dad will be pissed!!! :bang: :|

I forgot to mention that my engine has a 140 big bore kit, shaved head, and ported and polished cylinder.

j32

Uhhh...
Jun 8, 2006
try the cable ,im geussing that it might be getting "chatter marks" in the basket this will make it drag and not work propperly
they are grooves worn in the clutch basket -where the plates slide in,if so you can file them down smooth again and get probly another season out of the basket -or replace it with a hinson,or aftermarket one
the reason i said this is because of the big bore !! form the extra power,and ware on it

Top Bottom