Newbie from Brasil

Paulo BR

Mar 23, 2005
Hi you all
I am newbie at dirtrider.
I am Brazilian, 35, married with 2 kids. I ride dirties (MX) and street bikes.
My dirt bike is a KX 250 2001, good enough for me. I’d say I ride less than my bike can offer me, but I am on the way to catch her up.
Trails down here are awesome. Woods in Brasil are evergreen and winter is no severe so we can ride all year.
I hope to share experiences with you all and make some new good friends.
Yours
Paulo

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
I spent a lot of time in Brasil and wish I could have ridden there- I had a co worker there who had an XR250 and I always threatened to stay a few extra days and take it for a ride,

Where do you ride ? I might recognize the cities.

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
I worked in Brazil for several months in 2001....Camacari, north of Salvador, Bahia. Great country!!! Commuting from the hotel to the plant, I would gaze out the window of the bus and think about how great it would be to ride a bike across the terrain :cool: The people were very friendly....the women are very beautiful :nod:

Welcome

Mar 11, 2005
Brazil is a nice country, indeed. There are plenty of places to ride all with different terrains. Paulo is a motocross rider (we know each other) but he has woods on the blood as well.

If you decide to come to Brazil, give us a shout... it will be a pleasure to ride with you down here!

bests,
Brazilian Rider

romer

Mar 12, 2005

Hello guys, I´m here too.

:nener:

Paulo

Mar 24, 2005
Well, I leave in Sao Paulo, south-east of Brasil.
I ride motocross in the country side, around a radius of 100 miles or so. I don't take it seriously, just for fun on weekends.
I used to ride on trails for couple of years and this is an experience in Brasil. We have all kinds of terrain, but in the back of my woods, we have mainly soft wet ground, rootty, rock gardens with those baby heads popping up. The weather is warm all year reaching temps of 110 during summer time. Moisture content is never under 60%, what brings a sentation of higher temperatures.

I've been riding MTB for more than 10 years and have explored many states of Brasil and other contries as Canada and US. I may tell you that our trails are more like yours in NJ, NY or any other eastern state.

If you like riding in deserts you should go all the way north of Brasil - Maranhao, Piaui, etc....
But anywhere you choose to ride you will find wildlife and lots of waterfalls, what makes the ride a real fun.

Hey Mafols, you might know ABB the company I work for. We have a site up there in Camacari. Shocks, that place is devils garden! It is hot and wet any time in the year! Did you have the chance of travelling round Brasil?

Thanks for the welcome posts, guys.
Have fun
Paulo

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Let us know the next time you travel to the US and we might be able to arrange a ride for you. Do you ever come to the Atlanta area?

Mar 11, 2005
High Lord Gomer said:
Let us know the next time you travel to the US and we might be able to arrange a ride for you. Do you ever come to the Atlanta area?

The same applies to you. Paulo and I can arrange something for you guys down here.

Are there folks to go in the woods close do NY at DRN?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Brazilian Rider said:
The same applies to you. Paulo and I can arrange something for you guys down here.

Are there folks to go in the woods close do NY at DRN?

We have a good number of folks in the New York area. Check out the Damn Yankee Dirt Riders forum and put up a thread about trips to NY. I am sure some folks will be glad to hook up with you.

Paulo BR: Welcome to the site :cool:

There is a bunch of great folks here always willing to help out. Check out the CR / KX / RM / YZ (2-Stroke) Discussion forum for information on your bike.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Yes Paulo,
ABB was the construction company building the Chemical plant where I was working. One of my Brazilian friends there was a MX racer when he was younger. He showed me several scars on his body that he attributed to his riding career ;)
I was not able to travel much ...all work and not much play. :|

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…