Stevez400

Sep 19, 2007
Hello all. I am new here and am looking for advice. First a little about me. I am 22 years old. I bought my first off-road vehicle in April 05 and fell in love. It's a 04 Suzuki Z400. Over the past 2 years I am modded it a little with a Yoshi Rs-3 full exhaust, jet kit. 450r front shocks.. The some protection, full skids. Ac blackline nerfbars/pro pges with heel guards and some other little things. I live in Pepperell, MA and have a 3 year old son that I ma hoping in a couple years ill be able to ride around the yard with me if he likes the sport. So now to the advice I need. I ride with all dirtbikes. I am the only four-wheeler. Part of me wants to keep my quad the other parts wants to switch to dirtbikes. I have gotten this offer and was wondering waht you guys thought of it. 03 RM250, It has a B&C engine, tranny trick carb, factory connection suspension, front and rear new rims, tires, graphics and a ton of other lil stuff.
Thanks in advance. I know this is a dirtbike forum but please be as unbias as possible. :cool:

PS I have pics but the spam killer won't let me post them.

Last edited:

Brad V

Jul 4, 2007
well after growing up around quads all my life i thought there was nothing better. but after i got a dirtbike (due to lower prices) im a lot happier on 2 wheels instead of 4. i think bikes are overall a LOT more fun, but thats just my 2 cents.

Stevez400

Sep 19, 2007
Any opinion in the dirtbike. I know it's hard because I can't post pics. Let me read the forum a little more to figure out how to post them on this site then I will post them.

Alright I have to become a supporting member. As it sits right now since I don't own a dirtbike it's not in my best interest to do so. If you want to see pics please give me your e-mail and I will send them. Thank you.

Stevez400

Sep 19, 2007
After some more reading I found this MAybe it will help you guys give advice.

Try to include the following info in your first post
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) I am 5'10" 180lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? On my four-wheeler I am very agressive. I'm sure that will change for a little while with a bike.
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? I am a woods rider.
4) Do you have any riding experience? Only on atvs I have ridden a little rm50 does that count lol.
5) Do you think you will race ? No.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Yes
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?2 stroke 250 4 stroke 450cc
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? Used. So brand doesn't matter
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? Trade in for my ATV
10) Do you live in California? Nope
11) Your age? 22
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion. I think this covers it all.

Jeromeo

Feb 26, 2007
Dirtbike

well a bike is a bike. There isn't too much better. Choose your color. Now An RM 250 I think will be a little faster than your z400. It's not that bad to get used to.. You'll just have to be a little careful when you start out. One mistake on that bike and it'll have you on your A$$. I am going to give you an unbiased asnwer. I used to ride quads when I was a little younger. It just got to be boring because it was too easy. You sit on a chair and hit the gas. Not really any balance required........ Might as well ride a wheelchair. A bike can go pretty much anywhere a quad will, and they are faster (most of the time), they can be a challenge which is always good as well. I say get the bike. I heard suzuki's are good woods bikes because they have amazing low end power. I ride a yz 125 and I am 23 and 190lbs. To each there own.... Like I said choose your color. Hope you choose the bike

Stevez400

Sep 19, 2007
That's sorta what I am looking for. A little more of a challange. I ride the hell out of my Z but I don't get the same excitement as I use to.

Top Bottom