billroyds

Oct 21, 2007
ok, my bike is a kx80, i just got it and the seat seems to sit a bit too low when i'm riding it, (the fronts up and the backs down) the rear spring adjuster looks like its all the way down, like compressing the spring, if I raise that big nut letting the spring up, will it make my seat sit any higher?? any help would be great. thanks

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'll speculate that the spring is too light for your weight and/or the shock is possibly blown. How much do you weigh?

billroyds

Oct 21, 2007
Patman said:
I'll speculate that the spring is too light for your weight and/or the shock is possibly blown. How much do you weigh?

I weigh about 150 pounds, I actually adjusted the spring down, compressed it to make the rear shock stiffer for my weight, I pretty much spun that big nut down as far as it goes. is that cool or what? what do you think?

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I think the spring is WAY to light for your weight. I'll also guess there is about a 90% chance the shock is blown out and needs serviced, as well as a heavier spring.

billroyds

Oct 21, 2007
nah man the shock isn't blown and the spring actually feels quite stiff now maybe too much, i was thinking maybe i should back it off even, i'm not sure, I guess i should go out & take the bike for a spin to see how it feels right? I just mess around on this bike, i know its too small for me, i just wasn't sure if it should be adjusted down so far, like is that bad for the shock/spring??

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If you had a clue about how springs work you'd realize there is a problem. But since you appear to have it all figured out I guess you were just a lonely guy looking for some attention based on the first three posts. Maybe you should try one of the online dating services.

Top Bottom