redrider100

Aug 17, 2003
I've started racing harescrambles and my goggles have been getting mudded up pretty quickly. I am seriously considering tear-offs now and i have no idea what exactly i should be looking for. How do tear offs work? Do i need to go out and buy a new set of goggles with tear-off posts on them? What brands are usually best when using tear-offs? Im a rider on a budget so im not looking for super expensive systems or anything. Any input would be great :cool:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
You might need new goggles, I know that several goggles can have the tearoff posts added to them. I have experience with Scott and Spy tear-off and can tell you that Scott uses a thinner film and the Spy goggles came with posts on the lenses that can be adjusted for tension. Spy tear-offs also seem to fit the lens better (they tuck into the frame a little). You should also look at roll-offs, they won't have you throwing clear plastic all over the woods. Just look at one of the bigger internet retailers, or browse throught the parts umlimited catalog at your local dealer, to see what appears to suit your needs and budget. Installing several tear-offs on your goggles can have a negative effect on your vision which is another reason you should at least consider the roll-offs.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
For offroad I'd suggest roll-offs. It's not good for the sport to be littering plastic all over the woods. Another option is tucking a rag in the front of your pants. It actually stays clean right above the crotch area. Well, maybe that's just me because I sit down too much.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
It's not too bad. But keep in mind, this is in ugly mud where you're never going to have clear vision for more than 10-15 seconds. Someday when I have some spare cash I'm going to pick up some rolloffs and see how much better they are, but in the mean time, I make due with a rag.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Never had much luck with roll-off's, I was always the guy with 50 feet of film trailing behind.

Top Bottom