Newbie to the board: Just bought a used RM 250 some maintenance ?'s

Apr 23, 2004
Picked up some Gear Saver transmission oil and went to change my oil, but since I didn't get the manual when I bought the bike I have no clue as to what level it should be at.

I can't find the window indicator and I pulled one bolt that looked to be the check level bolt and I got sprayed with green coolant.

If anyone can help me out it would be appreciated...thx

bobkx

Mar 22, 2004
Check on the side of the case near the oil input, there should a number stamped on the case like 850 CC. That is the capacity of oil that you should put in the bike. Othewisw, call your nearest Suzuki dealer.

RACINRAY

Feb 18, 2004
i have a 2001 rm 250 at oil change it is 750 ml im sure it is the same for youres just remember to fire it up to get oil thru it shut of let sit for a few minutes and pull the sight plug if oil drips out it has enough .

RACINRAY

Feb 18, 2004
on the sprocket side of the engine just below the case saver it is a bolt with a allen head on it carb vent hoses on the side of the engine should pass over it remember not to over tighten the bolt when it goes back in lightly snug. hope this helps.

Apr 23, 2004
the one with the allen head on it I loosened and it shot green coolant all over me...:bang:

For now I dumped the whole quart into the bike so I could go riding today

RACINRAY

Feb 18, 2004
look on the sprocket side of the engine you will see two fuel vent hoses lift them up there will be a allen head bolt there the side you were on was the water pump side not the sprocket side .

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…