XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Just got the sheet for the NFL picks (for entertainment purposes only, of course :p ), and I can't decide who to pick in the third column. :think

I have to pick 3 of the following:
  • Carolina
  • Dallas
  • Cincinnati
  • Seattle
  • Arizona
  • San Diego
  • Atlanta
  • Kansas City
  • Cleveland
  • Chicago
  • San Francisco
  • Jacksonville
  • New England
Anybody got any ideas? :confused:

B

biglou

As always-Pulling for my Chiefs! But this is a total rebuild year so it would be tough to say. Didn't Flutie go to San Diego? That might be interesting. Jacksonville and Carolina will be contenders.
So, here are the teams I would NOT pick:
  • Dallas
  • Cincinnati
  • Cleveland
  • Seattle
  • Arizona
  • Atlanta
  • Chicago
My "Who knows what the heck they will do" list:
  • KC
  • San Fransisco
  • New England

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Pick for what? Loser or Winner

Winning record: Seattle, S.F, it's a toss up between San Diego and Jacksonville.

Losers: Dallas, Cincinnati, Arizona :(

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
We need to pick who we think will have the best records at the end of the year.

I'm kind of die-hard for Seattle (they'll keep killin' me!), but I'm not sure yet.

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Seattle is in a very tough conference this year. AFC West I think will end up

Denver,
Oakland,
Seattle,
San Diego,
Kansas City.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
FWIW-I think San Fransisco and Jackcsonville will have winning records. I also think the Chargers may be a sleeper. Last year although they were 1-15 they were in all their games but they had no quarterback or running game. they solved that this year with Flutie and Tomilson also they added Turner as offensive coordinator.

Last edited:

One Dollar

Mar 15, 2001
3 winners from that list...hmmmm

I would go with the Hawks, Chiefs, & Pats

Go Bucs! (fan from when they were orange & bad, which was most of the time :) )

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
From what i have seen of NFL, you guys arent playing a full contact sport here. Whats with those pads and helemts!! For sure you need them sometimes when you see people jumping at them for no reason, but come on guys, have ANY of you seen the great game that is Rugby League?? or seen Rugby?? The soft ones wear protection on that, but even then it aint NOTHING like what they were in the NFL and then theres the changing of the teams after a play!! Can these players not last the distance?? Well thats how i see the game, oh and one more thing, it takes WAY too long for a game to be played.

One Dollar

Mar 15, 2001
I've watched Rugby before. It's a totally different game than Football though. Comparing Rugby to Football is like comparing Ice Hockey to LaCrosse.

Without helmets and pads NFL football hitting and tackling would kill the players most likely. There are no pile on tackles in Rugby, the players have to stay on thier feet and wait for a hand off or shovel pass. can players that do not have the ball get hit in Rugby? Are there 350+ lb. Rugby players?

Different game - not better or worse or tougher or weaker, just different.

This will turn into an American- Euro debate to no end if we try to compare :)

B

biglou

Hey, American football, rugby, lacrosse, ice hockey, synchronized swimming, it's all good. VARIETY fellas. Otherwise we'd all ride the same bike, play the same games, race the same races, eat the same food, etc. Variety is what makes the world go 'round!:)

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
350 pounds?? whats that in kg's?? Yeah they are different, but rugby is called football as well... but those 'football' players over there dont last the distance.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Well of course people in the NFL would die with no helmets, they're taught to lead with their face for crying out loud!

For your picks:

Kansas City
Seattle (call me crazy but I got a hunch...)
San Diego

also, I think that Chicago will do well and Cinncinati could be either pretty good, or horrible (again). Akili Smith is going to be playing for his career, so I think he'll finally come around...

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
yzguy15- How can you pick KC, Seattle, and San Diego? They are all in the same division. They can't all break .500 unless you think Denver and Oakland are really going to stink. I don't think Denvers that good but I think Oakland will do alright and that pains me to say because I HATE the Raiders.

holyroller1

Jun 20, 2001
Tree:

You don't think Denver is that good? Really? I think you are one of the first people I have heard say that. They have more depth than the Marianas trench. 1 very good QB, 1 other very good QB when healed, 2 awesome R's, 3 very good RB's, one of, if not the best O lines in the league, a great D line, LB's and fair CB's. The talent is there, but what pulls it together is the coaches and the fact they have had the same core for 3 years at least.

Just my opinion of course.:) :)

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
I'm a diehard redskins fan so I'll stick with them. I was a training camp a week ago and they couldn't complete passes without coverage...

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Tree, I wasn't even thinking about that. Can you say brain fart? My bad, and thanks for catching it.

I guess I'd have to go with:

San Fran (shudders...)
San Diego
Chicago

Anybody see the Cowboy game? That was sweet. Man, I"m pumped for the season to start. :cool:

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Yzguy15,

Don't get too excited the game was fixed. Gannon was ill, Gardner was tossing his lunch, after a couple of carries. Once again this is just another example of the NFL trying to keep the Raiders down. The NFL made sure that the Raiders were using Mexico City tap water:p .

Knowing that the Dallas Cowboys are the No 1 retailing franchise, the NFL had to do something to help their popularity.

Now that I've got you blood pressure up, just kidding. The Raiders look like they have work to do.

GO (fill in here)!;)

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Thought I'd bring this back up after six games and see how everyones picks were doing. I will conceed the jacksonville pick on my part wasn't to good But I was right on with SF & SD. So far it looks like yzguy15 had it right the second time after I straightened him out on his first picks.;) But I still don't know if Chicago's for real. Time will tell they play in a very tough division.

Top Bottom