Nicks and Tricks

reelrazor

Jun 22, 2004
Also, a couple coats of Pam cooking spray is very effective at preventing carbon buildup on powervalves and exhaust ports. It works better if the parts are warm. I have an old oven(also picked up stupid cheap at the Salv Army) to evenly heat parts.

Same oven gets all kinds of use whenever mild heat needs to be evenly applied to anything(crank bearing installation for one).

txkawboy

Nov 18, 2003
Good stuff! I tried to start one of these a year ago, so feel free to check out what 23yrs of getting dirty on a budget has so far came up with. My post: "No more broken levers..."
txkawboy

Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
during motos if u find your getting roosted alot and your getting dirt into your eyes ( googles foam isnt sealing well) what i do is put baby oil on the foam, no a alot just enough so then the dirt sticks to the oil around your face and on the foam instead of leaking into your googles casing your eyes to hurt or like i had to do ride a whole moto with one eye closed, i dont race with out it on my googles....

all the other tricks i know many have stated above....

500_boy

Jan 3, 2004
Txkawboy, I just read your thread 'no more broken levers', very good thread, I am going to start going to the races and checking for thrown out parts. Also about the winter projects in the scrap yard I am also going to check out that. Thanks for the info!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…