Nicky Hayden back on a Honda for 2014

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
From Motomatters.com: (The BEST MotoGP site going :cool: )

The future of Nicky Hayden appears to have been decided. Jorge Martinez, boss of the Aspar team, has decided to drop Aprilia in favor of Honda, according to German language website Speedweek.com. Aspar is set to make an announcement later this week on their future, and that decision appears to be that the Spanish team will be running Honda's production racer RCV1000R for next season.

Read the rest here:
http://www.motomatters.com/news/2013/10/15/aspar_decides_nicky_hayden_to_ride_a_hon.html

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Great news. :cool: :cool:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
2014 is shaping up to be really interesting.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
No, I think the Aprillias were very good in the current CRT form under the current rules where they can provide their own electronics and software, but it's been reported that they are furloughing workers due to flat sales, and the head of their racing department just defected to Ducati last week. With all that going on and the 2014 rules changes that would force them down a different technical in terms of electronics puts their ability to put a competitive product on the GP grid in 2014 in question.

It seems pretty certain that Honda's production racer will be a pretty solid starting point. The fact that Casey Stoner has been doing testing on the bike for Honda probably can't hurt either.

Plus I just like seeing Hayden back on a Honda. :)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:
Plus I just like seeing Hayden back on a Honda. :)

Me too. He belongs on a Honda.

Gomer. At Ducati Hayden was never treated as the top rider. He didn't get the latest trick stuff. Also the Ducati has a problem with tucking the front end. This has been a problem for a while and Ducati is not addressing it.
IMO, Hayden will be much more comfortable on the Honda.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Hayden needed a break. With the top 3 riders from Spain and Americans being 7th on the world stage is depressing. The last several seasons have really shown the fall from Yamaha dominance and the return of Honda taking the mid-race to the checkers repeatedly. When Rossi moved to Ducati the tide began to change.
Aprillia has a fast track race-to-production line system but the 2012 and 2013 seasons have been less the fruitful. The prototypes are just phenomenal regardless of the 'constructor' and the riders coming up from Moto2 are pushing the sport to new territory and costs.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
At the very least, Val will have some more competition for the fourth spot. :nod:

Top Bottom