Nicky Hayden Switches To Wsbk In 2016

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Nicky Hayden Switches To WSBK In 2016 - Joins Honda Hoping For Another Title

From MotoMatters.com :

So at last it's official. "This will be my last year in MotoGP. I will be moving to World Superbikes next year with Honda and the Ten Kate team," Nicky Hayden told the press conference at Motegi. The move had been long expected, as Hayden's options of a competitive ride had petered out. "These last two years haven't been so good, I haven't been able to get the results on an Open Honda to really keep a high level bike in MotoGP," he acknowledged.

Read the rest here : https://motomatters.com/news/2015/10/08/nicky_hayden_switches_to_wsbk_in_2016_jo.html

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
His results have been mediocre at best. Wish him the best of luck in WSB. MotoGP is dominated by Spanish and Italian riders and based on Moto2 and Moto3 it will continue that way.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
His results have been mediocre at best. Wish him the best of luck in WSB. MotoGP is dominated by Spanish and Italian riders and based on Moto2 and Moto3 it will continue that way.

Sadly, Hayden has been on a hopelessly uncompetitive bike for the past two seasons, and the years on the Ducati did him no favors.

The Honda WSBK package isn't the best but the Ten Kate team he'll be riding for might be the best in the paddock, so if the fire is still in him (and I think it is) it should prove to be fun watching the races next season.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The MotoGP handicap system sucks. Lesser teams get bogged down in rules instead of pushing innovation. Honda and Yamaha have pushed the envelope but no one else seems to be at the same level. With Marques, Pedrosa, Lorenzo, and Rossi at their best, it will take a new edge for any rider/team to break the barrier. Hayden will do well in WSB sad he had too many bad seasons before his departure from MotoGP.

Top Bottom